Re: New java.lang.Thread tests

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

Mark> Another was to not hold a synchronized lock on the Thread object that
Mark> you are trying to join() with. That solved the Kissme and gij lockup.
Mark> But I think that you should be able to join() a Thread that you (or
Mark> someone else!) has a lock on. What do you think?

I agree.

I don't understand why you needed such a lock for gcj.
In Thread.join(long,int) (in natThread.cc), we acquire a mutex
before waiting on the condition variable.  Both the mutex and the
condition variable are not visible to Java code.

Tom