Re: Incorrect CSS on http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/

Tom Tromey wrote:

>Robert> Can anyone point me to the web master for
>Robert> http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/?
>
>Could be me.
>
>Robert> Note the lack of a width for the div#content.  Floated boxes
>Robert> _must_ have a width set...  In this case, the width defaults
>Robert> to the width of the page, and the two floated boxes don't fit
>Robert> next to each other.
>
>I don't know anything about CSS, and I didn't write this web page.
>Could you send a patch to fix the problem?  I'll install it.
>
>Tom

I believe the simplest approach is to modify the style for DIV.content
in http://sources.redhat.com/mauve/default.css

Since the sidebar is already floated, the DIV.content does not need to
be floated.
So remove the position: float; float: right; from DIV.content and the
page will display as intended in Mozilla and IE5.5+

Change

DIV.content {
            position: float;
            float: right;
            padding-top: 12px;
            padding-left: 20px;
            overflow: hidden;
            border-width: 0;
            text-align: left;
                                       }

to:

DIV.content {
            padding-top: 12px;
            padding-left: 20px;
            overflow: hidden;
            border-width: 0;
            text-align: left;
                                       }

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Clary, bclary@netscape.com
Technology Evangelist, Netscape Communications