Re: Bytecode test suite

> Patrick> 1. Does Mauve already have such a test suite?  If not, would
> Patrick> you be interested in having one?
>
> There isn't one, and yes we'd be interested.

It would be good to have these non-class-library tests in Mauve.

> Patrick> 2. Does anyone know of an existing bytecode test suite?
>
> I don't.

I have a variety of tests that I wrote while writing my JVM (and my JIT), I could contribute these.

> Another thing I'd be interested in seeing is a test suite for bytecode
> verifiers.  The idea would be to collect unusual pass/fail cases to
> stress test a verifier.

This would be cool. There is the JustIce verifer that Enver Haase (hope I have his name right) is writing. It isn't released yet, but it would be nice to test cases for that.

We don't want 'code red' worms eating their way into our JVMs!

> It might be useful to group all the JVM-level tests into a single
> place.  I don't know.

Yes, makes sense.

John Leuner