Re: Use of Classpath in commercial projects

Hi,

There is a special mailing list for the GNU Classpath project
<mailto:classpath@gnu.org> the mauve mailing list os only for the test suite.

For questions about licensing you can best contact <mailto:licensing@gnu.org>
since GNU Classpath is an official GNU project. And all copyright is
assigned to the FSF.

I have CCed that last email address in the hope that they can give you
a definite answer if you want to use Classpath with a proprietary system
Although I hope you will try to make your system free software.

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. Here is the special exception that is referenced in the mail below:

 GNU Classpath is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
 the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option)
 any later version.

 GNU Classpath is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
 WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
 MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
 General Public License for more details.

 along with GNU Classpath; see the file COPYING.  If not, write to the
 Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA
 02111-1307 USA.

 As a special exception, if you link this library with other files to
 produce an executable, this library does not by itself cause the
 resulting executable to be covered by the GNU General Public License.
 This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why the
 executable file might be covered by the GNU General Public License. */