Doubt about Mauve installation

Hi. I have downloaded one of the snapshots of Mauve,
and I would like to use it to compare the Kaffe JVM
and the JDK1.1, but I don't know how to do it. I don't
know how to install the Mauve, because I don't have a
Makefile and I don't know how to get it, despite I
have the GNU make. If any of you can give me details
about how to do it, I would be very grateful. Thanks
for all.