Mauve with my own java compiler

Hi,

I've made a java compiler (100% written in Java, GNU license) and I've
test it against Mauve.

After correction of two little bugs in my compiler  (in constant
folding, thanks a lot) I got this message:
1041 of 3579754 tests failed
like jikes or javac (bugs are identical, not only the number...). The
first bug i 've tried to correct in
"gnu.testlet.java.io.LineNumberReader" looks more like a bug of your
test suite than a bug of my compiler. (FAIL:
gnu.testlet.java.io.LineNumberReader.Test: getLineNumber - first series
(number 1)) and since javac and jikes act like me I'm a little bit
confused.

Should a perfect compiler not fail in all of your test (in this case,
please explain why standard compilers fail) or is your test suite bugged
?

In every case, your test suite is very interesting and I've added it to
mine. May be I can send you some tests more compiler oriented when I'll
understand how Mauve works exactly.
Some remarks:
- you don't use the CLASSPATH from the user so I was unable to use my
compiler directly with JAVAC='java at.dms.kjc.Main' (it's my compiler).
And I need to modifie the Makefile by hand.
- it is difficult to found a compile error with "jikes *" and then
"error in file Test" where all files are named Test !

Thank you very much for your work,
Vincent GAY-PARA

PS:
my compiler is freely available at: http://www.dms.at
It works under JDK1.1 and 1.2 and comes with xkjc a compiler for java +
embedded SQL.