Classpath java.io Test Contents

Below I'm attaching an outline of the contents of our java.io test package.
As I said eariler, it basically prints a line that starts with "PASSED:" for
a passed test or "FAILED:" for a failed test. Some tests just print output
and it is up for you to see if it looks right.

I took at look at the Kaffe 1.0b2 test package and it does not appear to
have a major java.io specific component. Unless Cygnus has something better,
I'll go ahead and check this into the archives over the weekend (along with
the rest of our stuff, which I will also try to document by that time).

How do you want me to put it in?  It looks like the existing tests have a
subdirectory per class tested, but I've got some files that test multiple
classes.

Feel free to comment.

Here's the info:

--------------
A description of the tests for java.io.  These files reside in the
directory test/java.io/ in the Classpath CVS archive.  In general, each
test prints a line that starts with "PASSED:" if it passed or
"FAILED:" if it failed.  Lots of other debugging type output is generated.

BufferedByteOutputStreamTest.java:
   Classes Tested: BufferedOutputStream, ByteArrayOutputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Writes a known string to a ByteArrayOutputStream
              wrappered by a BufferedOutputStream and compares to see
              if it gets the same string back.

BufferedCharWriterTest.java:
   Classes Tested: BufferedWriter, CharArrayWriter
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Writes a known string to a CharArrayWriter
              wrappered by a BufferedWriter and compares to see
              if it gets the same string back.

BufferedInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: BufferedInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Protected Variable Values for subclasses
      Test 2: Simple read test
      Test 3: Mark/reset test (underlying stream does not support mark)
      Test 4: Mark/reset test (underlying stream does support mark)

BufferedReaderTest.java
   Classes Tested: BufferedReader
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Simple read test
      Test 2: Mark/reset test (underlying stream does not support mark)
      Test 3: Mark/reset test (underlying stream does support mark)

ByteArrayInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: ByteArrayInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Protected Variable Values for subclasses
      Test 2: Simple read test
      Test 3: mark/reset/skip/available test

CharArrayReaderTest.java
   Classes Tested: CharArrayReader
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Protected Variable Values for subclasses
      Test 2: Simple read test
      Test 3: mark/reset/skip/ready test

DataInputOutputTest.java
   Classes Tested: DataInputStream, DataOutputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Call all DataOutputStream write methods
      Test 2: Call all DataInputStream read methods on output from test 1
      Test 3: Call all DataInputStream read methods on known input data

FileInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: FileInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: File read test (include get FileDescriptor/available/skip)
      Test 2: File not found test

FileOutputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: FileOutputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: File write test.
      Test 2: Permission denied test

FileReaderTest.java
   Classes Tested: FileReader, InputStreamReader, internal char converters
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: File read test (includes skip)
      Test 2: File not found test

FileTest.java
   Classes Tested: File
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Path operations tests
      Test 2: File/directory manipulation test
      Test 3: Read/write permissions test
      Test 4: Name comparision tests

FileWriterTest.java
   Classes Tested: FileWriter, OutputStreamWriter, internal char converters
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: File write test
      Test 2: Permission Denied Test

LineNumberInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: LineNumberInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic line count test (includes various termination styles)
      Test 2: Basic line count test (no trailing newline)

LineNumberReader.java
   Classes Tested: LineNumberInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic line count test (with trailing newline)
      Test 2: Basic line count test (no trailing newline)

PipedReaderWriterTest.java
   Classes Tested: PipedReader, PipedWriter
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic pipe test

PipedStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: PipedInputStream, PipedOutputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic pipe test

PrintStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: PrintStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Test of all print/println/write methods

PrintWriterTest.java
   Classes Tested: PrintWriter
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Test of all print/println/write methods
PushbackInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: PushbackInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Protected variable values for subclasses
      Test 2: Basic unread tests
      Test 3: Buffer overflow test

PushbackWriterTest.java
   Classes Tested: PushbackWriter
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic unread tests
      Test 2: Buffer overflow test

RandomAccessFileTest.java
   Classes Tested: RandomAccessFile
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Call all write methods
      Test 2: Seek test
      Test 3: Validation test
      Test 4: Set file length test

SequenceInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: SequenceInputStream, StringBufferInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Simple read test
      Test 2: close() test

StringBufferInputStreamTest.java
   Classes Tested: StringBufferInputStream
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Protected variable values for subclasses
      Test 2: Simple read test
      Test 3: Available/skip test

StringWriterTest.java
   Classes Tested: StringWriter
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Basic write tests

UTF8EncodingTest.java
   Classes Tested: Internal char converter for UTF8
   Specific Tests:
      Test 1: Write Unicode as UTF8
      Test 2: Read known UTF8 file
      Test 3: Read output of test 1