Re: Question about libffi OSS license

Hi...

  I've already reached out to fossology, because I feel like they really
dumb down the licensing conversation.   I don't believe that they make any
distinction between 'runtime' and 'build time' files.  The libffi source
distribution includes GPLv3+ source files - for sure - but they are only
used as build or test tools.   The source code that goes into the
libffi binary library that you would link to your application contains no
GPL code or any code that is derived from any GPL sources.

The *.exp files that you reference just drive the testsuite, and are not
part of the libffi binary that you would distribute with your application.

I hope this helps.

AG