Questions about the libffi development process

I've got 2 questions about the libffi development process.

1. A recent commit:

https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/commit/a4b785ea

(authored by Richard Henderson) appears to have broken ARMv7 support
to the point where libffi doesn't build. (Or, at least, it raises a
syntax error on iOS - but I can't see any reason the same problem
wouldn't exist for other ARM platforms).

The problem has been logged as #181:

https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/issues/181

Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise to fix this problem myself,
and it's not clear from the discussion that the problem has been
acknowledged by anyone in a position to fix it, or that it will be
considered a release blocking bug for a future release.

Is there anything I can/should do to bring attention to this problem
and/or mark it as a showstopper (other than what has already been done
on the ticket and in this email)?

2. I can see the version number in the README was bumped to 4 just
after the 3.2.1 release - but what is the state of planning around a
formal v4 release (or whatever the next version will be)? Is there a
vague target date? A TODO list to be cleared off? Or just general
"whenever it's ready" guidance?

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)