Re: showstopper bug on x86 (Re: libffi does not follow proper ABI on ia32)

On Tue, Jan 06, 2015 at 08:20:43AM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On 01/06/2015 02:21 AM, u-xsnf@aetey.se wrote:
> > I wonder which version of pcc you were testing with, the comments
> > about the pcc behaviour indicate that the version used was either
> > too old or its install was broken (pcc used to ship redundant and
> > in practice harmful startup files, not actually being a part of the compiler).
>
> I was using
>
> pcc 1.1.0.DEVEL 20140817 for i686-pc-linux-gnu
>
> as shipped with fedora 21.

The version does not look utterly old (even though much has happened
since then) but the Fedora packaging people were apparently misled by
the then badly documented data, which results in a quite broken package.

Now this is cleaned up and somewhat documented upstream, so future pcc
packages, for Fedora or otherwise, will be hopefully better.

Rune