Re: libffi does not respect libdir configuration

On 19/08/14 23:55, Paolo Borelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     as far as I can see it seems libffi always installs in the
> $(prefix)/lib64 directory, even when building with a specifc
> --libdir=$prefix/lib configuration.
>
> I am seeing this problem on a centos 6 system when building the 3.0.13 tarball.
>
> This is a major problem when trying to build the gtk stack since
> jhbuild (which is gtk's conventional build tool) enforces the use of
> lib over lib64 for all the other libraries.
>

> Thanks,
>
>      Paolo

This has been a problem for Gentoo as well, so we are simply overriding
it using 1-liner sed:

sed -i -e 's:@toolexeclibdir@:$(libdir):g' Makefile.in

(And making sure the generated libffi.pc after install is still is OK as
a precaution)

I'm just saying as a hint, for any other packagers who don't want the
overly smart logic from
configure to be used.

- Samuli