ABI breakage (Was: libffi 3.1-rc1 needs testing!)

Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> writes:

> Am 25.03.2014 22:10, schrieb Anthony Green:
>> I am still hoping to get a release out before April, but I'll need
>> plenty of help with the testing...
>
> the good news is that the testsuite passes on every Debian and Ubuntu
> architecture without test failures. The bad news is that it is broken
> on x86 (not x86_64).

Thanks for your help today on IRC to reproduce this.  This is definitely
ABI breakage.  I've filed a bug here....

https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/issues/113

I won't have much time to think about it this weekend, but hopefully
there's a solution that lets us preserve the ABI.

AG