libffi 3.1-rc1 needs testing!

It's here: ftp://sourceware.org/pub/libffi/libffi-3.1-rc1.tar.gz

I've decided to bump the libffi version up to 3.1 instead of releasing a
3.0.14 version.  The main reasons are really of more concern to libffi
contributors..

1. The git repo no longer contains generated configury files.  Run
   autogen.sh to create them.

2. We're not using traditional ChangeLog files anymore.  Upon release,
   however, a ChangeLog is generated from the git logs.  All of the old
   ChangeLog files are still available in the release.

These changes really simplify life, given that my favourite mechanism
for accepting patches these days are through pull requests on github
(http://github.com/atgreen/libffi).

I'd like to thank Josh Triplett, Ryan VanderMeulen and Zachary Waldowski
in particular for all of their work on this release so far.

        Add AArch64 (ARM64) iOS support.
        Add Nios II support.
        Add m88k and DEC VAX support.
	Add support for stdcall, thiscall, and fastcall on non-Windows
	  32-bit x86 targets such as Linux.
	Various Android, MIPS N32, x86, FreeBSD and UltraSPARC IIi
	  fixes.
	Make the testsuite more robust: eliminated several spurious
	  failures.
	Archive off the manually maintained ChangeLog in favor of git
	  log.

As usual, please feel free to update the wiki here...

http://moxielogic.org/wiki/index.php/Libffi_3.1

...or just send me a note with the triplet of the system you tested
with.

I am still hoping to get a release out before April, but I'll need
plenty of help with the testing...

Thanks,

AG