Re: Removal of config.sub and config.guess

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for looking into this issue.

On 20 March 2014 14:08, Anthony Green <green@moxielogic.com> wrote:

> 1. Revert the changes completely, and reintroduce all generated
>    configury to the repo.
>
> 2. Make no changes, and just ask that developers who care use
>    pre-releases of the configury tools (like I was doing with libtool
>    for similar reasons).  This is what I would do for the release, so
>    aarch64 support would be preserved in the release.
>
> 3. Don't revert the changes, but modify the autogen.sh script to pull in
>    the newer config.guess and config.sub after the fact.
>
>   Do you see any other solution?  I'd prefer not to go with [1].  How do
> you feel about [2] or [3]?

[3] is fine with me, it results in a clone that builds and works out
of the box with released tools. I am less comfortable with [2].  It
isn't clear to me how many folks this issue will impact nor how long
the situation will continue.

Cheers
/Marcus