Re: Calling c++ functions returning non-pod types

On 02/21/2013 01:29 PM, Philip Ashmore wrote:
> I think a better option would be to tell libffi that the return type is
> a "non-pod" and let it jump the hoops appropriate for the architecture -
> am I correct in guessing that my approach isn't portable?

Sort of.  There is a standardish C++ ABI known for reasons too arcane to
go into as the Itanium C++ ABI
http://refspecs.linux-foundation.org/cxxabi-1.83.html

However, putting all this stuff into libffi would be too much IMO.  You
could think of defining a C++ layer that calls libffi.

Andrew.