Re: github pull requests for libffi

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> thanks for the merge!  I noticed two minor issues:
>
>  - the soversion in the GCC repository is still at 4, compared to
>    6 in 3.0.11. Is this intended? libjava isn't linked with the shared
>    libffi, but a make install installs the shared library.

I've always been of the opinion that GCC shouldn't install libffi.
There have been some objections in the past.  Maybe I'll try again.

>  - PR47248 is not fixed. Currently working around by explicitly
>    setting the value.

It's been a while since I've looked at EH in the GNU toolchain.  I
believe the -fexceptions would always emit an .eh_frame section, so
this test made sense.  But now it seems that GCC emits these .cfi*
directives, and the assembler is responsible for emitting the
.eh_frames.   If this is true, perhaps we should just scrap the
.eh_frame code all together and use .cfi* assembler directives.  Makes
sense?

AG