Linking with /MT instead of /MD when building on Windows?

Hey guys,

So when trying to compile node-ffi (I'm the maintainer) on Windows,
after node switched to linking with /MT, I was getting some crazy
errors when trying to build the complete package. I deduced that this
was due to libffi compiling with /MD and the rest of my project
compiling with /MT, and the mistmatch is not ok. I was able to quickly
remedy the problem for me by manually editing libffi's msvcc.sh file
as shown here: https://github.com/rbranson/node-ffi/commit/79095196de991c2b0635aef36b587f66729b0e6b

But I was basically wondering if there is a more sanctioned way to
specify this with a ./configure flag or something. Floating that patch
is not ideal (but not too big of a deal either). Thanks in advance!