Re: building with msvc

You should be able to just run configure under cygwin with CC=path/to/msvcc.sh, although my first attempt configuring that way failed on win64 so I went back to my original script.

I wrote the adapter script originally for the JNA project.  I just recently had to make some tweaks to my original script to convert paths (using cygpath), since apparently the windows path-fixing has been removed from configure.  If you're using cygwin you usually have to patch up the unix-style paths into something msvc understands.

My updated script is here: http://java.net/projects/jna/sources/svn/show/trunk/jnalib/native/cc.sh (also ld.sh).  I just added path-fixing, I didn't back-port any of the other tweaks that may have gone into msvcc.sh.  I just successfully configured and built using CC=cc.sh and LD=ld.sh, but that's on win64.  You may have to make some modifications for 32-bit windows, I've not tried an msvc build on win32 for a long time.