Re: libffi 3.0.9 release candidate 1

Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse wrote:
On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 12:57:30AM -0400, Anthony Green wrote:
Here's 3.0.9rc1:
ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/libffi/libffi-3.0.9rc1.tar.gz

I built this out of my new git repository here:
http://github.com/atgreen/libffi

I'm using stgit, which is like quilt for git.  I rebased the git
repository to gcc HEAD, then added the "stand-alone" patches (mostly
configury changes), the AVR port, the Snow Leopard memory protection
fix, and the 64-bit AIX fix.

I believe we're missing ChangeLog entries from Jens, Abdulaziz, and
Bradley.  Please send them.  I'll push your changes into GCC once
they're clean.

Abdulaziz - please also check that I applied your patch correctly.
The source files had changed somewhat since you submitted it.

I'll set up a wiki page to track platform testing soon, but initial
test results and pointers to missing patches would be helpful.

Thanks,

AG

As of this RC, there's an increase of about 340 in failed tests on OpenBSD. I've attached the log. The unwindtest.cc failure is expected, ther others not. Anyone has a clue what's going on here?

libffi 3.0.8:
# of expected passes            1365
# of unexpected failures        8
# of unsupported tests          15

libffi 3.0.9rc1
# of expected passes            685
# of unexpected failures        348
# of unsupported tests          15

Could you try to copy the testcases from 3.0.8 (maybe even 3.0.7) to 3.0.9rc1 and rerun the testsuite?

I encounter similar failures on FreeBSD sparc64 and amd64. Copying the testcases from an older libffi release to the 3.0.9rc1 brings everthing back in PASS land here. (with gcc-4.2.x)
Well, that is not the solution, just a first step to isolate the issue.

In the meantime I try to find out what is going on, I guess MMAP vs. ffi_closure_alloc is the starting point to investigate.

Andreas