Re: RFC: Delegates (or something)

William Ahern wrote:
I'm curious of people's thoughts on this. Especially if somebody can point
out a bug, including the "you just got lucky that it works" kind.
This is pretty clever use of gcc extensions! However (and, forgive me, as I haven't had my morning coffee yet), I'm not sure I understand where this would be useful. Could you perhaps give an example of why you'd want to use this? Libffi is mostly used for bridging between compiled and interpreted code. In this case you're calling compiled code from compiled code through libffi. If everything is known at compile time, why use libffi? I am preparing my best "d'oh!" for when you clue me in. :-)

Thanks,

AG