Re: libffi - the 10th Anniversary Release

Anthony> We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of the last libffi
Anthony> release.  People are still using it, and gcc doesn't install
Anthony> it as a user library -- so perhaps it's time to make another
Anthony> new release.

Awesome.

There are a couple libffi patches pending that haven't gotten review:

Timothy Wall's stdcall closure patch:

H.J.'s -fomit-frame-pointer patch:

Anthony> Currently ffi.h goes in /usr/include, and ffitarget.h goes in
Anthony> /usr/lib/gcc/include/libffi/ffitarget.h.  I'm thinking a
Anthony> stand-alone host library should install all header in
Anthony> /usr/include.  We just need to make sure that they are
Anthony> multi-lib clean.

It may be better to install in /usr/include/libffi-$VERSION and then
have people use pkg-config to get the right -I option.  This is sort
of "standard" in Linuxdom these days.

Tom