libffi on win32

Hi,

We have now a working ffi interface for our project language, which
works very well on Unix platforms (linux, osx, solaris).  We're now at
the happy stage of making it all work on Windows...  The question is
-- how is it possible to do this on Windows?  AFAICT, it looks like it
would be easier to do with cygwin, but we have an MSVC build of the
language -- will a library that is compiled with cygwing work with an
MSVC application?  If not, then we want to start hacking things on
windows so it works with MSVC.  Is there any work done for that?  I've
also seen that Thomas Heller said that he some compatible home-grown
package for Windows -- can that be used as a drop-in replacement for
libffi?

Any hints will be greatly appreciated...

TIA,