Re: [patch, mips] Fix stubs files for hard float vs. soft float

> OK, so I'll get rid of the #else/ERROR lines and then have the script
> print an error message and 'exit 1' if default_abi does not get set.
> That should also catch problems where the CC fails to execute or aborts
> for some reason.

Use a chain of AC_PREPROC_IFELSE or AC_COMPILE_IFELSE instead.
Use AC_MSG_ERROR for the failure case.

> > Why does this need to be in preconfigure instead of configure?
>
> It doesn't have to be.  I just put it there because that script was
> already using CC and CFLAGS.  Is there are reason why it shouldn't
> be there?

preconfigure is absolutely only for things that must be there.
That is, things that affect the sysdeps directory selection.

> I guess I could put it in ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/configure.in
> instead since the Makefile that includes the generated Makefile is in
> ports/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips.  Would that be better?

Yes, that's the correct place.

Thanks,
Roland