Re: Glibc-ports status? Creating glibc-ports tarball for 2.13?

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Status?
> =======
>
> What is the status of all the machines in glibc-ports with respect to
> the glibc-2.13 tag in libc-ports?
>
> Alpha - Richard?
> ARM - Joseph/Phil?
> HPPA - Carlos (myself): Does not build, missing patches.
> M68K - AS?
> MIPS - Joseph/AJ?
> Power - Ryan?

As far as I know, ARM, M68K, MIPS and Power are up to date with all
relevant libc changes.

> (a) Create a tarball from the current glibc-2.13 tag. Even if your
> machine doesn't build against the upstream glibc-2.13 tarball, it's a
> common place for packagers to start.
>
> (b) Ask glibc-ports maintainers to chekin any lingering patches.
> Create a new "glibc-2.13.1" release with some cherry-picks, and create
> a tarball from *that* tag name for both glibc and glibc-ports.

Yes, that seems logical.  Sometimes libc release branches get new symbols
in bits/ headers cherry-picked to them, in which case the corresponding
ports changes should also be cherry-picked to those branches.  And of
course ports changes to bring ports up to date with libc 2.13 will need to
go on master and 2.13 branch in any case.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com