Re: Glibc-ports status? Creating glibc-ports tarball for 2.13?

On 2/14/2011 9:51 AM, Matt Turner wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Carlos O'Donell
> <carlos@codesourcery.com> wrote:
>> What is the status of all the machines in glibc-ports with respect to
>> the glibc-2.13 tag in libc-ports?
>>
>> Alpha - Richard?
>
> Needs a couple header-updating patches, but otherwise only trivial
> changes. I'd be nice to get these into glibc-2.13, but it won't really
> hurt anything if they don't get in.

We could get them into glibc-2.13.1, how much time do you need?

> It sure would be nice if we could avoid patching nearly identical
> headers in nearly identical ways for each architecture...

Yes, this is quite lame. Guy Martin was working on a patch for glibc
core, but this was rejected by Ulrich. It was my hope that Guy would
instead rework the patch for libc-ports, allowing all the ports to
share similar headers.

See:
http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2010-08/msg00030.html

Cheers,