Re: glibc alpha patches

Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, Mike Frysinger wrote:

but there isnt a maintainer and i dont think anyone with commit privs will apply patches. i dont even really know what being a maintainer requires (docs doesnt seem to cover this).

For ports I believe the rules do not really differ from the rest of the GNU core software, that is GCC, GDB and binutils. For orphan architectures as long as it follows the GNU coding standard, builds and passes regression-testing I can see no reason for a patch not to be applied by anyone with the write privilege who happens to have some time to spare. And skilled contributors may become maintainers of such if they wish to, like with the pieces mentioned above. Anyone to disagree?

Do you (Maciej, Mike) know anyone who really knows the answer and someone with commit access? So we could CC: these people? Else it seems nobody is going to answer - it seems.

-of