help for lwl/lwr/swl/swr instructions

Dear all,

I'm busied myself about building Glibc2.5 for mips target. Our mips
chip don't support lwl/lwr/swl/swr instructions, so I applied one
patch for gcc which can avoid lwl/lwr/swl/swr instructions, and it can
work well for C source code.  But some functions are implemented with
assembly language, such as memcpy() which have two versions
…/glibc/ports/sysdeps/mips/memcpy.S and /glibc/string/memcpy.c, and
memcpy.S have lwl/lwr/swl/swr instructions. I want to use memcpy.c to
try to build glibc, my question is how to configure the glibc to be
compiled with memcpy.c or memcpy.S explicitly? And is there a better
way to deal with lwl/lwr/swl/swr instructions?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Tony