Re: glibc 2.5.1 and 2.6.1

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:33:33PM +0200, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have tagged today glibc-2_5_1 and glibc-2_6_1.
> What's the current status of ports branches?  Are they taggable
> right away, or is there any plan to make them work soon?
> Both 2.5.1 and 2.6.1 contain a backport of the ld.so locking fixes,
> so there is some per-arch work needed (THREAD_GSCOPE_* in tls.h
> and on TLS_TCB_AT_TP arches also add gscope_flag to tcbhead_t).
> There were no changes on the release branches which require
> arch specific updates since Jul 12th or so, the more recent changes
> were all generic code only.

I personally don't have time to keep up with ports release branches.
If someone else is interested in updating the branches, I'll be glad
to commit patches on their behalf.

In fact, if someone else has enough time to work on ports in general,
I would be happy to hand off my various ports batons.

> What about LinuxThreads?

LinuxThreads is dead since October :-) It looks like the problematic
construct has since been removed on trunk (rtld-lowlevel.h's mrlocks),
if someone wants to resurrect LinuxThreads, but I don't plan on doing
so myself.  I do know we're going to need a newer glibc for m68k at
some point, so we may end up fixing LinuxThreads if there's still no
sign of an NPTL port.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery