Re: Ping Re: PowerPC E500 port

The log entry should mention each new file by name.

Make preconfigure be preconfigure.in and use a proper autoconf test if you
are going to do a compiler test.  That whole bit seems pretty questionable
to me.  Perhaps you should just be using --with-cpu=e500.

I'm really not convinced that the *to*fix symbols belong in libc at all.
Why aren't they just in some other little library you can provide with gcc?

As for the soft-fp symbols, what's with the GLIBC_2.5?
If it's new now, it's GLIBC_2.6.

I'd like some other ppc people to comment on the actual code, which I
haven't really looked into.

Thanks,
Roland