> Excuse me, I have some questions.

I've taken the liberty of CC'ing this message to the list.  I am not the
only person who can help you, and waiting for me alone to answer will often
not be an efficient way to get the information you need.

> >The first steps are to make your own add-on,
> >
> Is it meaning of providing add-on ports sources separated from glibc on
> our web site?

Yes.  Using the few top-level files from the ports/ directory (Makefile,
Makeconfig, configure) you can make your own tarball that will unpack a
glibc-port-yourcpu-2.3.5 directory to be used as an add-on.

> >and to file copyright papers.
> >
> Is it meaning of getting a Copyright Assignment of glibc?
> I have already gotten it early this year.

That's right.  If this is already in order, then you are in good shape.

> >The ports repository has a 2.3 branch as well as the trunk.  If you want to
> >support a 2.3.x port, we can put that in the branch in parallel to a port
> >for the trunk code.  (There is substantial difference in some areas like
> >the dynamic linker support code.)
> >
> Now we use a 2.3.5 branch.

Then use glibc-2_3-branch to checkout ports as well.

Thanks,
Roland