Re: sysdeps/powerpc/nofpu

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 01:12:10PM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> The glibc code in sysdeps/powerpc/nofpu has been disused and unmaintained
> for a while.  Apparently it's broken.  I've moved it to the ports
> repository, since the primary glibc development effort is not addressing
> the configurations that use this code.  It can sit there abandoned with the
> rest of the old cruft.  But I thought I'd solicit for interest in actually
> maintaining it.  Aldy contributed the code originally, Steve has tweaked it
> and is usually interested in all things PPC, and Dan, well, we know about
> Dan.  I deem you likely suckers.  If a person or cabal would like to come
> forth to be on the rack for this code and maintain it with direct cvs write
> access in the ports repository, kindly pipe up now.

Uh, thank you, I think?  I'm going to dodge this one.

I've fixed bugs in this code in the past, and some of our customers are
still using it AFAIK, but I don't have enough interest in it to
maintain it.  Unless it turns out I need to fix it again later.  But
for now I'll decline.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC