Re: locale encodings

  If I understand now how your file data works, all locales are loaded as UTF-8.
Your modifiers were an attempt to limit the UTF-8 to a particular Charset?
Locales load, but the encoder/decoder weeds out input/output of the UTF-8 set.
This would imply that should the end user( guy at keyboard) select a set that can't
display his currency symbol, thats correct behavior!
  I would assume, not looked into, that a modifier changes a "Keyword" and has nothing
to do with Charset.
  So now only re-encoding old files, if want to view, is left from original question, IF my
understanding of your files you supply is correct?
Steve