Re: locale encodings

On 14 Nov 2013, at 2:50 AM, Troy Korjuslommi wrote:

>  Also, the charset is wrong. It is listed as iso-8859-1
> for fi_FI and iso-8859-15 for fi_FI@euro. The correct charset for
> Finnish is UTF-8.

I did a little more digging, it appears "% Charset:" might just be for historical purposes.
The ones I was going to fill in have to be UTF-8. Most of the information is in the "% Charset:"
enumerated set, but because all now reference either directly or indirectly "copy "i18n"" in
the LC_CTYPE section. This includes codes outside the listed Charset. I am not sure yet
as to interaction of "_t1_common" but it looks like all, even the Chinese must use UTF-8,
unless:
  We (those using these files) are to isolate only those codes in i18n and t1 that apply to the Charset?
Steve