Re: locale name for sub-country dialects?

[Robert Millan]
> Nobody knows?

I do not know, but have a few observations and suggestions.  I assume
you have found <URL:http://www.student.uit.no/~pere/linux/glibc/>.

If there are two or three letter ISO language codes, use them.  if
these do not exist, you need to present a convincing case for the need
o fa new locale, and it is probably easier to get a ISO language code
than convincing the glibc maintainers that there is a need.  Normally
the dialects without their own language codes are expected to use the
official language code and locale.

If there is no unique language code, and you still want to make your
own variation, then modifieres need to be used.  @modifier is appended
to the locale name, and the only info I have been able to gather on
modifiers is available from the URL mentioned above.

Sorry for not being to more help.  I'm still struggeling to understand
what will be accepted by the glibc maintainers. :)