Re: Error while debugging a program using debugglibc.sh

* Nisarg Shah:

> Hi Carlos,
>
>> Where did the toolchain you are using come from? Is the gcc you are using
>> part of your distribution? What distribution are you using?
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 18.04.3 64-bit.
> Toolchain is the default provided by Ubuntu. gcc is part of the distribution.
> $ gcc --version
> gcc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1) 7.4.0
>
> libc-bin package provided by distribution is at 2.27-3ubuntu1
>
>> Can you try this?
>>
>> ./debugglibc.sh ./nptl/tst-align
>>
>> And see if debugging a normal glibc test case works?
>
> I get the same error on trying the above command.
>
> $ ./debugglibc.sh ./nptl/tst-align
> Debugging glibc...
> Build directory  : /mnt/hd/glibc-master-build/
> Source directory : /mnt/hd/glibc
> GLIBC Testcase   : ./nptl/tst-align
> GDB Commands     : /mnt/hd/glibc-master-build/debugglibc.gdb
> Env vars         :
> Reading symbols from /mnt/hd/glibc-master-build//elf/ld.so...done.
> /mnt/hd/glibc-master-build/debugglibc.gdb:5: Error in sourced command file:
> The address where ./nptl/tst-align has been loaded is missing

I'm not sure if anyone has got this working with the Debian or Ubuntu
GDB version.  For this kind of debugging of an explicit loader
invocation, I had reasonably good debugging experience on Fedora
(since basically forever), but GDB 8.2.1 on Debian does not find
debugging information even though it's there.  I'm beginning to
suspect this is due to one of the many Fedora downstream-only patches.
 8-/