This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Test for GNU/XSI version of strerror_r
- From: Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail dot com>
- To: libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 14:30:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: Test for GNU/XSI version of strerror_r
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/4/19 2:16 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
* Ian Pilcher:
Is there a better way to do this?
Can you use C++?
Well, I did say better. ;-)
The extension is quite a simple. (It provides a single function, which
changes to a non-root user while retaining CAP_NET_ADMIN.) It will
likely weigh in under 100 lines. Also, I haven't touched C++ since the
1990s. (I still have the Turbo C++ 3.0 box!)
Given all that, I don't think it's worth introducing the extra
complexity of adding an additional source file or compiling the
extension with g++. (I did stumble across a few C++-based solutions to
this problem before posting.)
Ian Pilcher email@example.com
-------- "I grew up before Mark Zuckerberg invented friendship" --------