GLIBC 2.25 and up test failures listed on wiki

While building GLIBC I've been running into the issues with
test-cond-printers, etc as listed in the architecture-independent section
of https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.25. Since I am sure that
Python is in my path, I'm assuming that this is due to the potential cause
added to the wiki regarding "gcc 7.8 or newer" but I'd like to confirm that.

Currently my error presents as an unexpected output, and running the binary
itself doesn't provide any information. I can provide a full log if
necessary to compare.

Furthermore, I'm wondering what changed in gcc 7.8 to make this test pass.
I'd love to deeply understand what is going on before I deploy a glibc that
is failing unit tests.

Regards,
Lee Mracek