Why was swapcontext removed from POSIX and will glibc continue to support it?

Apparently swapcontext has been removed from the POSIX standard, (but
it still part of glibc).

Anybody know why they removed it?

Anybody know if I can rely on it's continued existence in glibc?

Thanks!

--
John Carter
Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639

--
This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on the

basis of the terms set out at www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer
<http://www.taitradio.com/email_disclaimer>