This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Can glibc be build without tls support
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: santosh t <santosh2rhyme at gmail dot com>, libc-help at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 12:44:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Can glibc be build without tls support
- References: <CAPb14j7xskBxYVizS0SWqj-XX5bKFuCJ8=xbd8pRQx3Mfirstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAPb14j43dVj+z3qk1Eu2ZWuBkE=T0YwJCz=ZVK_ZB+GLQxThWQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 05/15/2018 12:18 PM, santosh t wrote:
> Thank you for your reply .
> Can I know which version of glibc can be build without tls support?
> Thanks and regards
The --with-tls option was removed in September 2011.
So it would seem that in practice glibc 2.14 is the last version that
can be built without TLS support, but it may be broken in non-trivial
ways because most distributions were building with TLS enabled.