Re: Fwd: 2.25 nis/rpcsvc headers ?

On 04/12/2017 02:27 PM, Jason Vas Dias wrote:
On 04/12/2017 02:14 PM, Jason Vas Dias wrote:
Oops, those headers were mistakenly copied by me from the glibc/include
source directory in my attempts to get libtirpc to compile . This turned out
not to be a viable solution.

But please answer the question - why are there no installed headers in the
    /usr/include/nis/
directory when the root Makefile lists '$(wildcard nis/rpcsvc)' in
$installed_headers ?

Is there any way to resurrect their installation ?
There is software such as libtirpc & libvirt which depend on an RPC
installation.

Would you please post your question to the list?  Thanks.
This isn't quite what I meant.

Anyway, libtirpc should really compile without glibc RPC headers because the glibc headers are incompatible (they are restricted to IPv4, after all). If you can't compile libtirpc, you are doing something wrong.

If you want glibc to install these headers, you need to compile with --enable-obsolete-rpc and, more recently, --enable-obsolete-nsl. But this should really be reserved for legacy installations not using libtirpc in a system-wide fashion.

Thanks,
Florian