Re: building every released version of GCC starting with 4.1.2, with appropriate matching glibc

On Thu, 2017-04-06 at 22:58 +0200, Toebs Douglass wrote:
> I wish to compile the library, the test application and the benchmark
> application on every released version of GCC, starting with version
> 4.1.2, using the appropriate glibc.

Can you describe what you mean by "the appropriate glibc"?  There's no
direct relationship between the versions of glibc and GCC, for the most
part.

It's not clear to me why a suite of lock-free data structures would
care about which version of glibc was being used for test; do these
implementations depend on glibc functions in some way?