Re: problems building glibc

On 12/11/16 21:25, John Lumby wrote:
> Long ago I discovered that it is almost impossible to build glibc with --prefix set to anything other than its default
>
>  --prefix=/usr
>
> and I seem to remember then finding this documented in a few unofficial places.
>

> Unless it has somehow relaxed this ,  then I'd suggest you try with that(**).
>

> (I do not pretend to know or guess whether this explains your actual problem with the crtxxx.o)

Thankyou, John.

This seems akin to my experiences so far building GCC - I can due to
those earlier experiences certainly give immediate and uncritical
credence to the possibility of an arcane and underground connection
between the setting of prefix and my error.

I will give it a whirl immediately after the completion of dinner.