RFH: Annotating ELF binaries

Hello Everyone,

  We (the tools team at Red Hat) are working on a project to add
  annotations to ELF binaries, so that we can answer various questions
  about them.  We have set up a wiki page about the project here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Toolchain/Watermark#Markup_for_ELF_objects

  We would very much like this to be something more than just an
  internal project, and so we are reaching out to you for your opinions,
  suggestions and advice.  If you are interested in being able answer
  questions such as 'how was this function compiled ?' or 'is this
  library compatible with this application ?' then please take a minute
  to have a look at the proposal.

  Thanks very much.

Cheers
  Nick Clifton