Re: pthread_mutex_lock hang during tls_get_addr_tail()

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Paul Smith <paul@mad-scientist.net> wrote:

> As far as I'm aware, no signals are being caught in the thread where
> this hang occurs.

Well, I guess it's something different then.

I took a look at tls_get_addr_tail, and the only lock it takes is the
loader lock. It also locks it with __rtld_lock_lock_recursive, which
means the thread can't self-deadlock.

The key question then is: what other thread is holding the loader
locked, and what prevents that other thread from completing whatever
loader operation it's in?

--
Paul Pluzhnikov