Re: Building for older systems

On 29/11/15 15:20, Michael Eager wrote:
I'm trying to build packages (gcc, etc.) on a newer
version of Linux which can run on an older Linux system
with an older glibc.  I've run into the memcpy versioning
problem.
(...)
Any solutions to building for an older glibc?

If you just want to work around the memcpy 2.14 version bump, you can:
a) #define memcpy memmove

b) Use a memcpy wrapper that explicitely uses the old symbol, as
described in http://stackoverflow.com/a/8862631

This does work, I find strange your claim that ârequirements for
memcpy@GLIBC_2.14 are inherited from libc.soâ.

Best regards