Re: Domains aliased to a pool of IP addresses doesn't get resolved

> The name server you configured for this system, with the IP address
> 10.0.2.3.

> It's a problem with your name server, I won't be able to reproduce this
> with my local resolver because it does not show this behavior.

Can you help me figure out, what is my resolver? I haven't configured
any. The steps I provided in one of the previous letters is all that
is needed to reproduce the issue. There's no "Setting up the resolver"
step there. And I haven't installed any DNS server on the host
machine. The `/etc/resolve.conf` on the host machine:

    # Generated by resolvconf
    domain Dlink
    nameserver 192.168.0.1

192.168.0.1 is my router (DIR-300NRU rev.B7). But I can't reproduce it
on the host machine. So, my conjecture would be that virtualbox is at
fault. What do you say?

> The
> failure is intermittent because in some cases, the initial UDP response
> fits into 512 bytes, so no truncation occurs, no TCP fallback, and no
> TCP failure, and the name resolution succeeds based on the UDP response
> alone.

In my case, after it stops resolving keys.gnupg.net, it does so, until
I relog in. So this must be indeed some other issue.

Regards,
Yuri