Multiple doubts

Hello glibc folks.

I'm currently working in some patches and I have noticed they don't
look the way I expected and I have 2 quick questions.

First of all, when I post my patches, I have to manually add the
copyright disclaimer at the beginning of each file and they appear on
the patches I submit, what just make the patches larger with useless
info. I have checked out the scripts/update-copyrights script, and I
think it would make the work, but I can't really make it work. Any
tips on this?

Another one and more important issue I have seen how you guys in the
changelog files leave some pretty comments in every commit and an
explanation stating every change in every file. I was wondering if you
do that manually (I would say you don't) or which script or git
command do you use.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers.

--
Juan Manuel Torres Palma.
Computer Science Student at Universidad de Granada.