Re: Which Linux distributions are the developers of glibc using?

On 31 May 2015 10:47, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 03:18:29AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On 31 May 2015 02:37, james harvey wrote:
> > > I don't get it.  Why are distributions applying bug fixes to packages
> > > on their own, rather than submitting them upstream, to the actual
> > > project?
> >
> > because not all patches have yet been reviewed or fully triaged
>
> Which ones? I looked at gentoo branch and can't remember about half of
> patches that were submitted. Fedora wasn't synced since january 2014, so
> I couldn't tell if all applicable patches were at least submitted.

all the hppa ones are either (1) from the hppa maintainer or (2) been posted
(some of which have been merged).  i didn't link those to existing discussions
due to their providence.

most of the others have links in their commit messages or were declined and
people have accepted that those ideas as such won't be merged.  like the one
to reload resolv.conf in existing apps when it changes (party line: use nscd).

the current 2.21 Gentoo branch (ignoring cherry picks):
hppa:       7 (some are merged now)
posted:     5
rejected:   2
gentoo:     2