Re: Sharing ld.so.cache between two glibc versions on a single system

No, I do not expect "format guarantee", format obviously changes once
in a while.

The exact problem I'm trying to protect against is inability of
alternative GLIBC to find shared libraries defined in system's
/etc/ld.so.conf.d without user intervention.

As one possible direction I see myself: are there any ways to turn our
alternative GLIBC into "a client" of system's GLIBC cache lookup
function? This way lookup function stays compatible with the format,
while alternative GLIBC gets access to the cache.

I really hope it's clear enough,
- - D.