This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so" 32 Bit Elf
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at systemhalted dot org>
- To: Karthikeyan Shanmugam <karthikeyan24s at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: "libc-help at sourceware dot org" <libc-help at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 15:57:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: Regarding "Inconsistency detected by ld.so" 32 Bit Elf
- References: <BLU166-W4365C811BA9EAD5EFFDFDACFB90 at phx dot gbl>
On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Karthikeyan Shanmugam
> I tried certain things with prelink tool to relocate those libraries and able to successfully to relocate in expected place. But, I like to achieve the same thing using linker script tweak.
Why? If you have it working with prelink just use prelink.
Changes to the linker script won't guarantee the dynamic loader
doesn't load your application elsewhere.
The best ways to do what you want is via prelink, because the loader
is trying to honour the prelink.
Changing the linker script is fragile.
If you really want to change the linker script you'll need to post the
entire linker script for review.